Prairieland Federal Credit Union
Welcome to UICCU!
We’re glad you’re here! At UICCU, we pride ourselves on being friendly, knowledgeable, and a partner in our community. We want to ensure this process is seamless for you. On this page, you can find common questions, forms, general information, and some helpful links.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have during this process and beyond. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on this page, don’t hesitate to send us a message, give us a call at 217-278-7700, or stop into any of our branch locations.
Your Guide to Getting Started with Us
Now that we’re past some of the formalities, let’s get to know each other. At the U of I Community Credit Union, we strive to be your financial coaches regardless of where you are in life. To get started, and ensure you have access to our online banking and mobile app, we ask that you send us a chat, give us a call or visit one of our branches to update your information.
Register for Digital Banking Upgrade my credit card to a UICCU Visa
UICCU Products & Services
Banking can be simple and we want to prove it. We offer numerous accounts and products to give you options throughout your financial career. As a result of the merger, you will already have a Membership Savings with us. That’s the first step!
- Notice of Membership Meeting – Mailed 4/15/2022
- Notice of Special Meeting
- Merger Ballot
- PFCU Financials
- UICCU Financials
- UICCU and Prairieland Combined Financials
- HELOC Change in Terms – Mailed 7/12/2022
- Credit Insurance/Debt Protection Notices – Mailed 7/12/2022
- Credit Insurance Cancel
- UICCU Debt Protection Enrollment
- Consumer Debt Protection Cancel
- Consumer Reinstatement
- Home Equity Cancel
- Debt Protection for Credit Cards Cancel
- Mortgage Cancel
- Welcome Packet from UICCU – Mailed 7/25/2022
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is this merger taking place?
- Provide continued value of credit union membership;
- Provide enhanced technology for members and staff; and
- Address challenges of competition, regulation, and growth.
- When will the merger take place?
- What does the merger technically mean to me as a Prairieland Federal Credit Union member?
- When will Prairieland Federal Credit Union members vote on the merger?
- When will UICCU members vote on the merger?
- Will Prairieland Federal be represented on the UICCU Board of Directors?
As outlined in the announcement from the Prairieland Federal Credit Union board, the primary reasons for the merger are to:
The effective date of the merger is projected to be September 1, 2022
The merger will result in your membership and accounts being transferred to the University of Illinois Community Credit Union (UICCU). Prairieland Federal Credit Union assets and liabilities will be combined with UICCU and Prairieland Federal Credit Union will cease operation as a credit union.
Prairieland Federal Credit Union members voted to approve this merger by mail and at a special membership meeting held at 7:00 p.m. on Thursday, June 2, 2022 at Holiday Inn, 8 Traders Circle, Normal, Illinois.
It is not necessary for UICCU members to vote. The UICCU Board of Directors has already voted in favor of the merger, as has the Prairieland Federal Credit Union Board of Directors.
No Prairieland Federal Credit Union board members plan to serve on the UICCU Board.
U of I Community Credit Union Information
- What are the hours and locations of the UICCU branches?
- Where are UICCU ATMs located?
- What are the phone numbers for UICCU?
- What is UICCU’s Routing Number?
- What additional products will be available with UICCU?
- Expanded Checking Account Options
- VISA Credit Card with Rewards
- Expanded Certificate Terms
- IRA Certificates
- Money Market Accounts
- Home Mortgages
- Home Equity Loans
- Lines of Credit
- And more!
- What additional services will be available with UICCU?
- Get Paid Early – Enhanced Direct Deposit
- Expanded Digital Banking Functionality
- Mobile App
- Real Time Remote Deposit
- Expanded ATM access – Locally and Nationally
- Free Online transfers to and from other Financial Institutions
- International Wire Transfers
- Investment and Retirement Planning Services
- Trust Services
- Safe Deposit Boxes
- Additional Branches
- Nationwide Shared Branching Network of over 5,000 Branches
UICCU currently has 4 branches. You can find the locations and hours of all of our branches on our Branch & ATM Locations page.
UICCU owns or partners on over 50 ATMs in McLean County, over 50 ATMs in Champaign County, and over 50,000 ATMs nationwide. Click here to find locations.
217-278-7700, or toll-free 877-678-4328
You’ll find many additional products available to you, including:
You’ll find many additional services available to you, including:
General Membership Information
- Will my account number change?
- If I already have accounts at UICCU, will my Prairieland Federal Credit Union accounts be combined with them?
- Will Prairieland Federal Credit Union be open during this process?
- Will the Prairieland Federal Credit Union Branch remain open after the merger?
- How will my account access and usage be affected during the merger ?
- PFCU branches will close early on Wednesday, August 31, check website for updates.
- No Home Banking access from midday August 31, until late on September 1.
- Debit card access will be available on your Prairieland Federal Credit Union debit card through Wednesday, August 31 and on Thursday, September 1 until UICCU cards are live.
- Debit card access will be available on your new UICCU debit card starting Thursday, September 1.
- Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA credit card access will be available throughout the merger period.
- You may write checks as usual during the merger period.
- Will Home Banking be available during the merger?
- When will I have access to my new accounts at UICCU?
- Do I have to sign any paperwork to maintain my accounts?
- Do I have to re-enroll for Payroll Deduction?
Yes, you will receive information by mail in advance of the merger date, including your new UICCU account number.
Your Prairieland Federal Credit Union accounts will migrate under the account number described above and will be separate from any existing UICCU accounts. You may request that accounts be combined after the merger takes place.
Prairieland Federal Credit Union branches will be open but close early on Wednesday, August 31. The branches will re-open as soon as possible on Thursday, September 1, after PFCU accounts have been added to UICCU’s systems.
The final access to Home Banking on the existing Prairieland Federal Credit Union Home Banking program will be Wednesday, August 31, through approximately noon on that day. You’ll be able to enroll in UICCU’s Digital Banking late in the day on Thursday, September 1.
On September 1, the account merger process will be underway and data verification will be taking place. Full access will be made available as soon as possible after completion of this process.
No, your current account agreements and loan documents are sufficient. Now is a good time to review contact information, any joint owners, and beneficiaries for all your accounts.
No, your current Payroll Deduction that goes to Prairieland Federal Credit Union will automatically be directed to your new UICCU account(s).
Savings Account Information
- What is UICCU’s Dividend Rate on Savings?
- Will there be changes to my Vacation Club account?
- Will there be changes to my Christmas Club account?
Your minimum Savings Balance (Share) at UICCU will be $5, rather than $25. UICCU currently pays .05% APY on Regular Savings. Dividends are paid monthly.
The rate will be based on UICCU’s Vacation Club Account rate and dividends will continue to be paid monthly.
Yes , Funds in the account will be transferred to Share Savings on October 1 each year. From Savings, you can transfer to checking, request a check withdrawal, or transfer surplus funds back to Christmas Club, all through UICCU Digital Banking. You will also be able to access funds during the year for a $5 withdrawal fee instead of the current $10 fee. The dividend rate will be based on UICCU’s Christmas Club account and dividends will continue to be paid monthly.
Checking Account Information
- Will my checking account change?
- Free debit card with online card controls
- Free Online Bill Pay and Person-to-Person transfers
- Free Digital Banking and Mobile App
- Free transfers to/from your external accounts
- Real time mobile check deposit
- Free electronic statements
- Free Overdraft from savings
- Higher limit on daily ATM withdraws and debit card purchases
- Digital Wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay)
- And More.
- When will I get a new UICCU debit card?
- Do I need to make changes to Automatic Payments?
- Can I continue to use my Prairieland Federal Credit Union Checks?
- What do I need to do as the merger date approaches?
- Bill Pay will need to be re-established in UICCU Digital Banking
- Print off your current vendor/payee information from PFCU Bill Pay before August 31 so you can have that to establish those payees in UICCU Digital Banking
- Watch for specific instructions in the mail from UICCU
- Print any eStatements that you’ll want for your permanent records, since there will be no access to past statements after August 31
- All members will receive a printed statement in the mail for activity through August 31. No eStatements will be generated for August.
- Is there still a $5 fee to receive a paper statement for my checking account?
Yes. Your Prairieland Federal Credit Union Checking Account will be converted to a UICCU iChecking Account.
iChecking is a totally free account. Benefits include:
You should receive your new UICCU debit card during the second half of August. You must activate and use this card on and after September 1, 2022. Cards will be sent to your address of record with Prairieland Federal Credit Union.
Most debit card transactions will post immediately to your checking account, providing for an up to date balance being shown in Digital Banking or on the UICCU App.
Automatic payments currently set up with Prairieland Federal’s routing number and checking account number will continue to post (ACH transactions)
Prairieland Federal Credit Union checks will continue to clear for several months after the merger. Please contact UICCU when you next need to order checks.
Debit Card – o Watch your mail for a UICCU debit card and instructions, which should arrive in the second half of August.
No, for checking accounts UICCU charges $2 per month for paper statements, unless you are under age 18 or over age 65. This fee will be waived for your September statement. Please enroll in eStatements in UICCU’s Digital Banking system.
Courtesy Pay will work the same with UICCU after the merger as you had authorized with PFCU. If you have opted in, UICCU may pay items presented for payment and allow your account to go negative up to a maximum of $1,000 in doing so, rather than returning the item to the payee. A $30 Courtesy Pay fee will be charged for each item paid in this way.
If you have opted out, items presented for payment would be rejected.
Digital Banking, Audio Response and Mobile Services
- How can I access my accounts online or on my phone?
- Does UICCU Digital Banking have the same functionality as Prairieland Federal Credit Union Home Banking?
- Mobile app that seamlessly transitions to a desktop or tablet
- Free credit score and credit monitoring
- Bill Pay
- Person to Person transfers
- Transfers to/from your external accounts
- Account alerts
- Real-time mobile check deposit
- Enhanced security features
- Online check images
- And so much more!
- How can I ensure my scheduled transfers or payments continue to process?
Access Digital Banking from UICCU’s home page at uoficreditunion.org or download our mobile app “UICCU” for Apple or Android.
To register for Digital Banking, all you’ll need is your UICCU Account Number, the last 6 digits of your Social Security Number, your date of birth, and an active cell phone number and an active email address on file. You’ll be prompted to create a new username and password, and then you’re in!
Yes, and you will have additional options in Digital Banking with UICCU, including:
Any existing scheduled transfers or payments will need to be rebuilt. This can be done in four clicks in UICCU’s Digital Banking under “Transfers”.
If you prefer to manage your accounts by phone, call 217-244-2131 for automated teller services, checking balances, etc.
- Will there be any changes to my loans?
- Will I still be able to access my Home Equity Line of Credit?
- How do I make payments on my loans?
- Schedule a one-time or recurring payment in UICCU Digital Banking from any of your UICCU accounts
- Schedule a one-time or recurring payment in UICCU Digital Banking from your accounts elsewhere
- In person or by mail
- Do I need my coupon book to make my loan payment?
- Will the merger affect the Credit Life or Credit Disability Insurance I purchased with my loan?
- Do I have to change my auto insurance to show UICCU as lienholder on my loan?
- What happens if I have a lapse in auto insurance coverage?
- What coverage will satisfy insurance requirements?
- Does UICCU offer Skip Pay options on loans?
Good news! Your current loan rate, payment, due date, and terms will remain as is. Any new loans or refinances will be based on UICCU’s rates and terms in effect at the time of the loan.
Yes, and you will also receive a mailing that outlines important changes regarding the line.
You have a number of payment options, including:
Nope! None of our payment options require a loan coupon
You will receive a separate mailing in late July if there are any changes coming to your Credit Insurance or Debt Protection on your PFCU loan(s).
Credit Insurance on loans originated prior to November, 2020 will be cancelled as of August 31, 2022. You will receive an option to enroll in UICCU’s Debt Protection program as of September 1, 2022.
Debt Protection on most PFCU loans originated on or after November 1, 2020, will be continued on those loans at the same rates and coverage. A small number of members with loans with Debt Protection will be notified by mail of cancellation, with an option to enroll in UICCU’s Debt Protection program.
We recommend that you notify your auto insurance agent of the merger. Let them know that the lienholder on your loan is now:
University of Illinois Community Credit Union
Insurance Tracking Center
PO Box 924116
Fort Worth, TX 76124
Toll Free: 866-315-2133
Note: A Third-Party provider, State National Company, will monitor your loan for ongoing insurance coverage. If you get a letter from State National regarding a lapse in coverage it is imperative that you respond to it promptly to prevent expensive supplementary insurance from being added to your loan.
Insurance will need to have full coverage comprehensive and collision insurance with no more than a $1000 deductible and UICCU listed as lienholder.
Yes – There is a $39.00 non-refundable processing fee per loan to participate in the skip program. A maximum of two skip payments are available per loan each calendar year with the lifetime total not to exceed more than two per year of the original loan term. Payments may not be skipped in two consecutive months. All VISA, Mortgage, Home Equity, any loan with a term longer than 84 months, and any loan in an active payment arrangement are ineligible for skip payments.
VISA Credit Card Information
- Will I get a new VISA credit card?
- How will I access my VISA credit card information?
- Can I make a payment on my Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA credit card at a UICCU branch?
- How do I report fraudulent transactions on my VISA credit card?
- Will the automatic payments for my Prairieland VISA credit card continue?
- Will the merger affect the Debt Protection I selected on my PFCU Visa Credit Card?
- Can UICCU VISA credit card Rewards be added to my current Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA?
- What will happen with my Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA after the merger?
Not right away. Your existing Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA card will continue to work through the merger.
You can continue to access information on your Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA account at ezcardinfo.com, or by calling 1-800-322-8472. Upon upgrading to a UICCU VISA you will have online access in UICCU Digital Banking and direct assistance from UICCU staff.
Not yet. Until you upgrade to a UICCU VISA, you can pay online at ezcardinfo.com or you may continue to mail payments to:
P.O. Box 4521
Carol Stream, IL 60197
While you are still using your Prairieland Federal Credit Union VISA credit card, report any fraudulent transactions by calling 1-800-322-8472.
If you have automatic payments set up currently those will continue.
Yes, the Debt Protection offered by PFCU will be canceled as of August 31, 2022.
No. Please click here to apply for a UICCU Visa to start earning UICCU Rewards.
In the months after the merger, you’ll receive additional information on UICCU’s VISA options, including our merchandise, travel, and cash-back rewards programs. UICCU will work with you to move to the best option for your needs.
- Will any of the terms of my accounts change?
- What happens when my certificate matures?
Rates and terms on certificates will not change until the next maturity date.
At maturity, Prairieland Federal Credit Union certificates will be renewed into a UICCU Share Certificate of the same term. You will receive a notification of maturity a month before your certificate matures. The exception is that 18 month certificates will renew into 12 month certificates at maturity.
Please note that UICCU Certificates pay dividends quarterly and at maturity.
- What will happen with my mortgage?
- Will I have online access to mortgage information?
- Will the credit union service my mortgage?
- Where do I make my mortgage payments?
Your mortgage will be transferred from Prairieland to UICCU and the same terms will remain.
TruHome Solutions will provide information on online access to your mortgage loan. You can also link to TruHome’s online access through UICCU Digital Banking. Online access is expected to be in place on or after September 7, 2022.
No, UICCU uses a service provider, TruHome Solutions. You can expect to get further information directly from TruHome in August.
A Welcome Letter will be issued from TruHome Solutions with important payment instructions. You will be able to mail payments directly to TruHome, visit a UICCU branch location, or through UICCU Digital Banking.
- What will happen to my IRA Savings Account?
- What additional IRA options does UICCU offer?
Your IRA Savings accounts will transfer over to a UICCU IRA Savings with a current rate of .05%.
UICCU offers IRA Certificates from 1 to 5 years.
UICCU also provides Investment and Retirement planning services with a multitude of IRA options through the Financial Advisors in their Investment and Retirement Planning Services.
Thank You for Joining Our Team!
At the University of Illinois Community Credit Union, we’re delighted to have you here. We look forward to working with you in the future to meet your financial needs. Wherever you happen to be in life, we’ll be your financial coaches to get you where you want to be.
If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.