MidWest America Federal Credit Union
Welcome to UICCU!
We’re glad you’re here! At UICCU, we pride ourselves on being friendly, knowledgeable, and a partner in our community. We want to ensure this process is as clear and simple as possible for you. On this page, you can find common questions, forms, general information, and some helpful links.
As outlined in the joint letter to MidWest America Federal Credit Union (MWAFCU) members, MWAFCU is closing its Danville Branch at 12:00 PM CT on Friday, March 31, 2023. UICCU will open in that location on Monday, April 3, 2023.
One key reason that the University of Illinois Community Credit Union was chosen as a partner for this opportunity is that UICCU is a local credit union with a proven commitment to the people of Danville and Vermilion County. When you join UICCU, you will enjoy the efficiency of local decision-making in lending and banking services. UICCU already serves several thousand Danville area members and deepened its commitment to the area earlier in 2022 with the establishment of a Danville branch on Fairchild St.
We invite you to join UICCU as directed below, or by visiting our Danville Branch or the MWAFCU Danville Branch soon.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have during this process and beyond. If you can’t find what you’re looking for on this page, don’t hesitate to give us a call at 217-278-7700 or stop into any of our branch locations.
To be clear, it is up to MWAFCU members to take the steps to join UICCU to move deposit accounts from MWAFCU to UICCU. Most consumer loans will be automatically transferred to UICCU on April 1, 2023, with no action required by members.
Important Dates to Remember
- Early January 2023 – UICCU employees will be at the Danville branch to assist in opening memberships and deposit accounts
- Friday, March 31, 2023 – MWAFCU will close early at 12:00 PM CT
- Monday, April 3, 2023 – Danville branch officially reopens as a branch of UICCU
- Acquisition letter PDF – mailed 12/9/22
- FAQ PDF – mailed 12/9/22
- Member Manual – Invitation to join UICCU – mailed February 2023
- MWAFCU Debt Protection Cancellation – mailed 2/17/23
- Instructions to MWAFCU members with loans being transferred to UICCU – mailed 2/28/23
Frequently Asked Questions
MidWest America Federal Credit Union of Danville will officially transfer ownership to the University of Illinois Community Credit Union on April 1, 2023. What does this mean for you? Review our FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Q: Did the University of Illinois Community Credit Union (UICCU) acquire MidWest America Federal Credit Union (MWAFCU)?
- No, UICCU is only purchasing MWAFCU’s Danville, Illinois branch.
- MWAFCU will continue to operate its branches in Indiana. Members keeping their MWAFCU accounts will not have local branch service.
Q: What will happen to MWAFCU employees?
- We are happy to announce that all MWAFCU employees at the Danville branch will be retained by UICCU and remain at the branch to continue serving you.
Q: When will the transition take place?
- The Danville branch will cease operating as MWAFCU on Friday, March 31, 2023, and will close early at 12:00 PM CT. The branch will officially re-open for business as UICCU on Monday, April 3, 2023.
- UICCU is partnering with MWAFCU to make it easy for MWAFCU members to open a membership with UICCU, including having both MWAFCU and UICCU employees at the branch to assist in opening memberships beginning in early January 2023.
U of I Community Credit Union Information
Q: How can the community learn more about becoming a Member of UICCU?
- MWAFCU members can learn more about the benefits of joining UICCU by clicking on the UICCU Products and Services links below.
- You can also visit the MWAFCU Danville branch, or the UICCU Danville branch located at 1019 E Fairchild Street. Additionally, you may call MWAFCU at 217-655-6835 or UICCU at 1-217-278-7700.
Q: Why did MWAFCU and UICCU decide to partner together?
- When MWAFCU decided to exit the Danville, IL market, they wanted to find a partner they could trust and determined that the University of Illinois Community Credit Union would be the perfect credit union to take care of their employees and members.
- For many years now, UICCU has actively served Danville area residents by providing exceptional service, access, and product offerings.
Q: Does UICCU have more than one branch available to us?
- Yes! Upon the official transition of MWAFCU to UICCU, the University of Illinois Community Credit Union will have 7 branches in total, with 2 in Danville. The second location is located at 1019 E Fairchild Street in Danville. UICCU also has branches in Champaign, Urbana, Bloomington, and Normal, IL.
- Additionally, UICCU is a part of the Shared Branch Network. This gives UICCU members access to over 50,000 fee-free ATMs and over 5,000 fee-free cooperating branches throughout the nation.
General Membership Information
Q: What does this announcement mean for MWAFCU members going forward?
- This announcement is good news for existing MWAFCU members as you will have increased access to products, services, and branch locations.
- UICCU is dedicated to the existing staff and members of MWAFCU. Please plan to join UICCU and move your accounts here as soon as you receive the Member Manual.
Q: Will my existing loan with MWAFCU transfer over to UICCU automatically?
- Yes. All outstanding MWAFCU loans, except for a few select mortgage loans and business loans, will automatically transfer to UICCU, as of April 1, 2023. This will occur regardless of whether you have already become a member of UICCU by that date.
- There are a few mortgage and HELOC loans that will remain with MWAFCU. If you have a type of loan that will remain with MWAFCU, you will be contacted by an MWAFCU lending officer with details.
Q: Will my membership, savings, checking, and other deposit products transfer over to UICCU automatically?
- No, not automatically. You are encouraged to establish membership with UICCU to open these accounts and take advantage of all the benefits of UICCU membership. Watch for an upcoming mailing with specific information about how to join in branch or online.
Your Guide to Getting Started with Us
We can’t wait to get to know you! At the U of I Community Credit Union, we strive to be your financial coaches regardless of where you are in life. Whether you’re a new member with a loan transferring to us from MWAFCU or you’d like to become a member at UICCU, we’re here for you.
UICCU Products & Services
Banking can be simple and we want to prove it. We offer numerous accounts and products to give you options throughout your financial journey.
- Checking Accounts
- Savings Accounts
- Money Market Accounts
- Personal Loans
- Vehicle Loans
- Mortgage Loans
- Student Loans
- Home Equity Loans
- Investment Advisors
- Financial Wellness & Coaching
Here are just a few of the numerous benefits you can expect from this change and opening an account at UICCU:
- Continued relationship with the existing staff you have come to know and trust.
- Local branch access, both at the Gilbert St. branch and at UICCU’s branch on Fairchild St.
- Access to additional ATMs. (FREE access to 20 ATMs in Vermilion County and over 50,000 ATMs nationwide)
- Branch access at 7 Central Illinois UICCU branches, and over 5,000 Shared Branch locations nationwide
- Online banking services and #1 rated mobile app in the area
Become a Member Today
At the University of Illinois Community Credit Union, we’re delighted to have you here. We look forward to working with you in the future to meet your financial needs. Wherever you happen to be in life, we’ll be your financial coaches to get you where you want to be.
If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know.