If you are looking for a financial institution with better rates, lower fees, and a more personal connection…then a credit union is the way to go. Credit unions are non-profit institutions which means that they put their profits directly back into their members by offering lower fees, better rates, more locations etc. Credit Unions are also locally based and provide personalized customer service to their community. Who wouldn’t want to be a member of a financial institution that puts their members needs above making a profit?
At UICCU, we are service-oriented and passionate. We are innovative and determined. We Do More Good every single day.
Experience the difference!
Become a Member
Who qualifies to be a U of I Community Credit Union member?
Basically anyone. If you live or work in the Champaign-Urbana area, it’s so easy for you to join. Don’t live or work in our area? Maybe you fit into one of these… ⤵
- Anyone who lives or works in Champaign, Ford, Piatt, Douglas, Vermilion, Coles, Dewitt, Edgar, Iroquois, Moultrie, and Sangamon counties, IL
- University of Illinois employees at the Urbana/Champaign, UIC and UIS campuses (part time, full time, temporary employees and retirees)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign students
- University of Illinois Allied Agencies (see list)
- University of Illinois Alumni Association members
- Employees or retirees of the following companies:
- Illinois Bell Telephone Company
- American Information Technologies (Ameritech), or its affiliated subsidiaries
- AT&T Information System (ATTIS)
- AT&T Communications (ATTCOM)
- Lucent Technologies
- AT&T Technologies
- Carle Hospital
- Urbana Postal
- Any member of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers of Local 601, and any Electrical Contractor or employees of any Electrical Contractor under the jurisdiction of the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers of Local 601.
- Illinois State Agencies with a regional office located in Champaign/Urbana, including cooperating teachers, principals, and administrators of state schools.
- Federal Agencies with a regional office located in Champaign/Urbana
- University of Illinois Research Park and Employees of tenant companies (see list)
- Family members of current UICCU members, including any immediate relatives by blood, marriage, or foster/adoption.
- University of Maryland Alumni Association Members
Ready to get started?
To apply online, by phone or in-branch, you’ll need the following:
- Social Security Number
- Driver’s License or Government ID
- Current Home Address
- Credit Card or Bank Routing Number to fund your account
- $5 for initial deposit and 5 minutes
We’re so excited to have you join us!
Become a Member